an observation from a rookie

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Nov 8 10:10:40 EST 1999

> From:          "Robert C. Mayo" <RMayo19761 at AOL.COM>

> at LAX in '92, passed Donnie Osmond in the terminal, carrying his own
> (considerable) luggage; found myself in line at the 'ticket screw-up window'
> with Geddy Lee. my pal & I said hi to Lee, extended hands for shaking, etc.
> and were met with stony silence and a look that i'll NEVER forget.

Well, this simply confirms a suspicion I've long held.  I figured
Geddy eavesdrops on this list, and he probably recognized
your names, and remembered that you guys didn't hassle me enough when
I beat up on ole Geddy!  But I tell ya what I would've done when
faced with said stony looks and silence.  I would've started busting
balls about his voice, ask him why he sings like a little girl, etc.
I bet that would've busted that stony veneer!

> after sorting things out w/tix, we went back to the main terminal where Mr.
> Osmond was sitting on a bench. we sat next to him, started small talk and let
> me tell ya, he was a real nice guy! 10-15 mins later, we parted company, all
> smiles, good luck, etc. though i have NO interest in Osmond's career, and
> have been a RUSH fan since a joint sold for a dollar, I learned something
> that day.
> i learned that Geddy Lee is a dick.

Hell, bro, I could have told ya that!