BOC Live in Winooski, VT (11/11/99)

Chip Hart chip at PCC.COM
Fri Nov 12 11:26:29 EST 1999

        BOC hit the stage last night at the club that's about 250 yards
        from where I'm sitting.  As a result, I feel a bit obliged to
        post about it :-)

        Similar set list from what John reported, except Last Days, we
        got Astronomy.  The order was definitely different.  From
        memory, after a conversation among the band members, Summer of
        Love came after Harvest Moon, etc.  Little things.

        Buck's Astronomy was rippin', but the sound was
        (uncharacteristically) bad at Higher Ground, so I couldn't hear
        a damn thing.  The drums and bass were turned up far too much
        in the mix and Alan kept turning his own guitar up so it was
        even louder than Buck's!  [Of course, I didn't realize that
        Alan was playing so many solos...]

        While the two new guys are extremely skilled musicians, they
        really change both the sound and and result of the band, imo.
        I don't want to insult two people who I am sure are perfectly
        nice - and doing what I'd do if I could! - but they ain't the
        Bouchard brothers, that's for sure.

        Clearly, meanwhile, Eric's much more suited for his keyboard
        role.  Alan looks like a ghoul!  I'm glad I saw them one more
        time (I don't imagine them returning to Vermont) - what they
        really need is a BOC Unplugged!

--
Chip Hart                           *                        chip @ pcc.com
Physician's Computer Company        *              http://www.pcc.com/~chip