HW Fathead Halls, Croydon - quick review

Kevin Perry kevin.perry at VIRGIN.NET
Sun Nov 14 19:10:32 EST 1999

Hmm - I've seen better.

It seemed very disjointed - nowhere near as flowing as most HW gigs I've
seen.  Nik wore an awesome spiky latex alien costume.  The dancers were
uninspired (it seemed).

The balance was truly appalling: the vocals levels were all over the place -
sometimes too loud, other times much too quiet; Jerry's guitar was far too
quiet (pity - his guitar playing on Hippy seemed great, but could hardly
hear him on anything else); Simon House's violin was virtually inaudible;
Ian's bass was very loud (pity, 'cause he's a crap bassist); Nik's sax was
audible (great pity - his noodling may have sounded alright 20-25 years ago,
but it just doesn't fit in any more - his flute playing was great
though...when you could hear it); I think I heard the drums or bass clipping
a couple of times.

Set list (as far as I can remember):
Aerospaceage Inferno
Motorway City
Assault & Battery
Utopia
Assassins of Allah
Green Skinned Demon
Hippy
Blue Skin
Brainstorm

Encore:
Ejection
Master of the Universe

Nik did say about a gig at Brixton Academy next march with Lemmy, Del,
Dik...fingers crossed?

---
Kevin Perry
Sonic Energy Authority
http://freespace.virgin.net/kevin.perry/

"It is the business of the future to be dangerous;
and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its
duties."