HW Recent v Old

Tim Stephenson timnjaq at TSTEPHENSON.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Nov 19 18:03:29 EST 1999

As the newbie to the group  (dontcha find you lose the fun when you cant say
that any more.....time to move on)  where was I.... oh yeah

>From the compilation releases, various posts by quantity, both here and
other groups/newsgroups and general vibe  (good word, now sadly fallen into
underuse) it seems that most Hawkfans, of both heavyweight and occasional
variety are mainly into the older stuff.  Popularity seems to be in
chronological order up to Levitation, then it tails off.

Not me.  A Hawkfan from way back when, I bought Electric Tepee when I was
bored one day, probably my first music purchase for five years.  Gobsmacked.
Went back the next day, bought Space Bandits and It is the Biz.  Good and
Superb.  Bought CD player and Distant Horizons.  Started having multiple
orgasms.  Bought Alien4.  Couldn't believe I'd lived before.  Got Love in
Space.  There's nothing else to life after this is there.   Played Space
Ritual...... put it back - forget it.

Tim

np- David Sylvian, Superb stuff highly recommended