HW: Recent v Old / Poll

Dave Berry daveb at TARDIS.ED.AC.UK
Sun Nov 21 08:43:14 EST 1999

At 09:13 21/11/99 , Bernhard Pospiech wrote:
>The main core is still DAVE BROCK and RICHARD CHADWICK. With jerry Richards
>and Simon House, Dave should build up a new HAWKWIND !!!

How well do Jerry and Simon fit together?  They both play lead instruments; do they clash or meld?

My ideal line-up, from people still around the HW camp, would certainly include Dave, Richard and Simon, and Jerry if he and Simon can work out lead roles together.  They'd need a bassist, for which Alan would be a most welcome return IMO.  (Though I've no idea if Alan and Dave still speak to each other).  I don't know how well Ron fitted in to the recent tour, but from what I've seen of him in earlier years I'd happily keep him as a singer.  And I'd probably be happy if Harvey rejoined on keyboards, and even Nik if he promises not to sing!  (Especially if he plays more flute).

Somehow I can't imagine the eight of them all getting it together though, both personally and on stage!

The problem with this sort of game is that it's essentially backward-looking.  Maybe they'll find someone new who fits the job much better.

Dave.
Dave Berry,  www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~daveb