HW: Recent v Old / Poll

Andreas Stuewe Andreas.Stuewe at T-ONLINE.DE
Sun Nov 21 10:22:47 EST 1999

Bernhard Pospiech schrieb:

> >Powerful drumplaying? He played like a robot, always the same tempo.
> Hey, you're talking about DANNY THOMPSON, aren't you ?

No. But Thompson´s drumming is even worse since he used a double bass drum. This
added much to HW´s heavy metal sound in the mid 80´s.

> I disagree! With NT the Live Chronicals would have been a totally punk
> disaster
> with chaotic sax-playing

Who knows what would have happened?

> >All shows were the same then, no place for improvisations or longer tracks.
> There was no need for improvisations. It was a great tour with a theme
> (Elric).

It was indeed a good show. But if you have seen 1 show you have seen them all.

> >The arrival of Chadwick was the turning point!
> The best drummer HW ever had!!

Hmm, 2nd best after Mr. King

> I agree. Simon and Harvey fit very good to the current lineup.
> The only intruder was Ron Tree

Maybe he should learn to play his new fretless bass. Which is a great instrument
if played by someone who can handle it, like Colin Edwin of Porcupine Tree.

> >No, it was LSD (or: My trouser´s are tripping, as Alan introduced this
> song in
> >91)
> :-))) LSD was good, but SECRET AGENT was better (see: 19.05.1992)

Well, if you say so. It´s a matter of taste anyway.

> >Harvey should join them too so that we would have our favourite 89 line-up
> again,
> Arrrgh! How could I forget Harvey. Of course he should me a member of the
> new lineup!!

Has anyone seen how much wage Dave paid to Harvey at Croydon?

Andreas