HW: Recent v Old / Poll

Al Ogilvy Alogilvy at AOL.COM
Sun Nov 21 17:04:26 EST 1999

Why does everyone rubbish ron so??? I like the old bastard..he amuses me and
(Sorry DASLUD ) I loved Bob Calvert. The man was a hero to me. I dont see
anything wrong with ron, who appears to be a calvert fan to me, being
influenced by the man. I'm Sure that even Ron wouldnt claim to be Bob or a
clone of Bob or a substitute for Bob....Ron puts himself into the show and
the band too..Ok hes not the greates Bass player in the world and hes no muso
,but with the exception of Simon House who in the bands History really has
been ? to me thats part of the HW thing . Chaos and Change and I wouldnt be
without it!!!
 Theres always been a "Punk" feel to HW even before the phrase was a twinkle
in a music Journos eye...Nik always had that thing . Bob did too . So does
Ron.....and many others who've been through the band...That also has been
part of the appeal to me since i first saw them  (72). There is something
unique about HW and all these things are part of that...After all how many
bands could pull off a tour without a single original member of the band as
Hw have done occassionally ,and still be 100% that band.
 Thats an Idea actually...How about a poll to ask everyone what the Key
ingredients of the HW experience are ? What is essential in the Mix that
makes Hw?
 Just an Idea Folks
 All this discussion just shows what a Broad Church the Church Of HW is !!