HW: Recent v Old / Poll

Denis Regenbrecht denis.regenbrecht at UNIBW-MUENCHEN.DE
Sun Nov 21 18:52:36 EST 1999

Hello,

my favourite HW-period are without any doubt tha Calvert-years
1976-1978. IMHO Calvert is the best thing that ever happened to HW (ok,
beside Dave perhaps). Judging from official records, boots and
live-tapes (thanx Bernhard) I have, he was their best front-man ever.
His lyrics belong to the best ever written in rock-history. It's a shame
I wasn't able to see them at that time, as I was born in 1978.
Ron's not bad, but he's definitely no Robert Calvert. Bridgett was ok,
but Rizz is _bad_! I don't know how he came to the band, but I hope that
he isn't involved in the recordings of the new album.

HW-synth-players: beside Del and Harvey the top-man is Tim Blake. He has
a spacey-aetherically (sp?) style and belongs IMHO to the top
synth-players on this planet. It's a shame he only contributed to 2 LP's
(does someone know when/if his new album will be released?)
BTW, what happened to DikMik? Where does he live now, what is he doing?

IMO the best line-up for the next time would be:
Dave Brock, Richard Chadwick, Jerry Richards, Simon King, Harvey
Bainbridge, Ron Tree, someone who can sing,
and <dream-mode>
Del Dettmar
</dream-mode>

Wouldn't it be a great thing, if Del rejoined after the years?

greetings from outer space

                                D-R

--
"Nothing is true - everything is permissible"

                                        Hassan I Sabbah

www.d-rider.de