OFF : This week ....in Space/Krautrock

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Fri Nov 19 09:48:14 EST 1999

At 10:43 17.11.1999 +0000, Jon Browne wrote:
>This week 'oi 'ave mostly been listening to The Cosmic Jokers. I bought
>all 4 albums at once and they rock. Well, they float, at least.
>
>I'm looking for other stuff like this and say, Harmonia, and trying to
>avoid shouty/klanging things like Kluster's Zwei Osterei.
>
>Anyone got any favourites? (We know Dave likes Neu! after doing the
>sleevenotes)

Might I respectfully refer you back to my recent posting re. Mouse on Mars
- absolutely no shouting.  Try also "Hex" by Bark Psychosis for strange
floaty (even pastoral?) psychedelia.  Paul Schutze and Soma are also worth
investigating.

Cheers,
ChrisW
NP: Radio 4 Afternoon play

"a cynic is a man who when he smells flowers looks around for a coffin" -
Bierce