OFF: Recent Ozrics (was: HW: Recent v Old / Poll)

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Tue Nov 23 12:52:31 EST 1999

>         The Freak Emporium were saying exciting things about how the new
> one, _Waterfall Cities_, was a new departure and their strongest stuff for
> ages. On the other hand, the Freak Emporium are trying to sell CDs. Has
> anyone heard it and how does it compare, for points of reference, to,
> say, _Erpland_, _Strangeitude_ and _Become the Other_ (my three
> favourites... )? Yours,

I dunno about Waterfall Cities, but I picked up _Floating Seeds: Ozric
Tentacles Remixed_ last week. Bit of mixed bag really, some obligatory 4:4
beat tracks, but a few of the interpretations stand out - Youth's mix of
_Sploosh!_ fer instance...

cheers

Tim

ObCD: Dark Star,  _twenty twenty sound_