OFF: Recent Ozrics (was: HW: Recent v Old / Poll)

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue Nov 23 13:02:38 EST 1999

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, bart wrote:

:Subject: Re: OFF: Recent Ozrics (was: HW: Recent v Old / Poll)
:
:>         The Freak Emporium were saying exciting things about how the new
:> one, _Waterfall Cities_, was a new departure and their strongest stuff for
:> ages. On the other hand, the Freak Emporium are trying to sell CDs. Has
:> anyone heard it and how does it compare, for points of reference, to,
:> say, _Erpland_, _Strangeitude_ and _Become the Other_ (my three
:> favourites... )? Yours,
:
:I dunno about Waterfall Cities, but I picked up _Floating Seeds: Ozric
:Tentacles Remixed_ last week. Bit of mixed bag really, some obligatory 4:4
:beat tracks, but a few of the interpretations stand out - Youth's mix of
:_Sploosh!_ fer instance...
:

ooooh.  I haven't picked up Floating Seeds yet, but I need to.  How
were the eat static tracks?  (eat static being ozrics in a techno-ish
mood.)

as for waterfall cities, well, it wasn't strangeitude, but
it was better (imho) than become the other.

Speaking of live shows, ozrics really does do a fun show.

Arin
Arin Komins                            akomins at midway.uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #305A Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559