OFF: "musicians made drug use look tempting?" ^_~ =koff=

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Nov 23 12:19:33 EST 1999

> From:          M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK>
 I reckon the problem is bad
> parenting and (even at the risk of coming off as a conservative)

Jeez, now who would ever think that a guy who advocates arming the
entire citezenry is a conservative!  Who woulda ever figured Charlton
Heston to be a HW fan?  C'mon, Chuck, you can drop the pseudonym,
we're all friends here...

[that was a joke, BTW]

parents
> putting their own convenience before the lives of their kids when
> considering separation and divorce.

I think it's part that but also they can't bear the thought that
maybe they aren't doing a great job raising kids, so why not let some
quack prescribe drugs to help?  Parents can't raise kids nowadays
because they're too busy working overtime or a second job to spend
time with their kids--but that won't stop them from having more
children...

> I find it completely bizarre that the same society which foisted the War
> on Some Drugs on the rest of the civilised world manages to sedate so
> many of its kids on other Drugs of Choice.
>
> FoFP

Yeah, well there's always Holland.  I cataloged a book a couple
months ago, written by a conservative Republican who advocated the
legalization of all drugs.  This guy worked in Bush's cabinet, and he
could see the inequity and destructiveness of the so-called 'war on
drugs.'  When will the rest catch on?

theo