OFF: "musicians made drug use look tempting?"

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Nov 26 20:26:59 EST 1999

FoFP spoke thusly...

>> I wouldn't mind _so_ much if only I didn't keep finding
>> people going, "Oh, I didn't vote. What's the point, there's no-one worth
>> voting for." Then you go and spoil your ballot, fools!
>
>It might be more encouraging if "None of the Above" were an option, and
>if it came top, the seat stayed empty in Parliament. It would at least
>make progress towards Zero Politicians possible.

I've always thought it would be interesting to allow people to 'un-vote' for
one particular candidate rather than to just give 'positive' votes.
Especially if there are three viable candidates in a particular election,
people would have the option of taking one vote away from their last choice,
in the case that the other two were pretty even in their minds.

Of course, with the high level of cynicism shown towards today's
politicians, it would be quite possible that the leading vote-getter would
still be on the negative side, in which case you throw them all out and
start with brand new candidates.

That would be the kind of development in elections that *might* just get me
to register, you know.

Keith H. (FAA and very silly party)