HW: Recent v Old / Poll

Mon Nov 29 09:59:08 EST 1999

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Stephan Spiegel wrote:

> I guess that this poll has a lot to do with your age, and the
> very first HW LP (or CD to the "youngsters") that you were
> exposed to.
>
> I think the next poll should be a little more refined.  Like...
>
> 1.  How old are you?
> 2.  How old were you when you first heard Hawkwind?
> 3.  What was the 1st HW album you heard?
> 4.  Was that the one that "Hooked-You"?

        I'll bite, this looks like it might be a useful qualifier to our
normal era vs. era threads.

1. 23
2. 19
3. _Spirit of the Age_ (Virgin compilation, mostly of _Live '79_ and
_Levitation_ stuff)
4. Tape of _Space Ritual_ kindly made for me by Mr. Anderson...

        And I'd like to add another two, 5: what is your favourite HW album now?
and 6: what HW album do you play the most? To which I would answer:
5. _In Search of Space_ and
6. straight tie between _Doremi Fasol Latido_ and _Love In Space_.

> Maybe some of our resident university members can come
> up with some scientific data from that information?

        Hey, where there's research funding... Yours,
                                                      Jon