HW: Recent v Old / Poll

David Bottomley merlinas at DIRCON.CO.UK
Tue Nov 30 10:48:12 EST 1999

OK, here's mine....

> 1.  How old are you?

35

>2.  How old were you when you first heard Hawkwind?

8 (vivid memory of taping the Silver Machine clip from the 1972 TotP Christmas show onto my dad's old reel-to-reel!), but then promptly forgot about them until the re-release of SM in '78 (aged 14), when I bought....

>3.  What was the 1st HW album you heard?

Roadhawks.

>4.  Was that the one that "Hooked-You"?

Oh yes. Wasn't too sure about Hurry on Sundown & Paranoia (at first), but You Shouldn't Do That, SM and the whole of side 2 blew me away instantly (wish they'd put this on CD..).

>5. what is your favourite HW album now?

Space Ritual. No contest!

>6. what HW album do you play the most?

Like many others, it depends. Short-term, I'm playing Live '82 (pretty good) and Glastonbury '90 (not so good) lots. Longer-term I play Business Trip & Space Ritual a fair bit, also In Your Area. The comp I play most is the 25 Years box set (much better than epocheclipse, IMHO).

Dave