HW: Recent v Old / Poll

David Greenhalgh d.greenhalgh at VIRGIN.NET
Tue Nov 30 19:21:44 EST 1999

I'll join in

> >1.  How old are you?

36

> >2.  How old were you when you first heard Hawkwind?

12 and a bit,  first album about 14

> >3.  What was the 1st HW album you heard?
> >Roadhawks.

Doremi

> >4.  Was that the one that "Hooked-You"?

Doremi was good, yes,  but the one that Hooked me has to be HotMG.  I  remember
many years later, Tommy Vance, bless his heart played Wind of Change back to
Back with Hurdy Gurdy Man from Steve Hillage.  The two tracks fitted together
like a glove.  Beautiful.  I confess to nicking the idea for my programme on
University Radio Nottingham.

> >5: what is your favourite HW album now?

Hmm,  not easy.  Roadhawks? HotMG?  There are so many good bits from so many
albums,  it's hard to answer this.

> >6: what HW album do you play the most?

One I did myself.  There are so many Good Bits, it's impossible to pick a single
album,  Space is Deep is one of my all time favourites, as is Wind of Change,
D-Rider, Most of Warriors, Paranoia, Dust of Time, Steppenwolf etc.etc.

Dave