HW: -ish was Re: BADAM99 refunds?

Jill jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Thu Oct 14 15:04:30 EDT 1999

M Holmes wrote:

> Dhira Lalita writes:
>
> [No response from BADAM99 folks re refund oon tickets and a suggestion
> of a Small Claims Court action...]
>
> > If you go now, you should be fine.  It will cost you about 10 to 20
> > quid, but add that on to the cost you are claiming.  It is actually
> > simple to do, you can even do it by phone.  Call your local county court
> > and ask them to send the forms.
> >
> > Sometimes sending a copy of the court form to the person you are =
> > collecting from, saying you are sending this to the court in five days =
> > unless you get paid, can do the trick
>
> Thanks, but presumably this wouldn't apply for a local Court in
> Scotland. Does anyone have the address of a County Court in Derbyshire?
>
> Also, how many others from this list are affected? A group action would
> cut costs. I also suspect that Dhira is correct in that the auditors
> will pay us more attention if they see a copy of Court forms.

I doubt you'll get much back from a Court Action and anyhow surely the
people to take action against are the authorities who forced the
cancellation not the ones who had it forced on them.    You might even
be in danger of finding that your claim became involved in a counter
claim brought by two other parties (or something of the sort) and it
could take months to unravel.    Better to wait and see if you get your
free ticket for next year which was promised in writing.    My guess and
it is ONLY a guess is that the organisers will have to declare
themselves bankrupt which (I think!) means that creditors will get paid
on a very specific preference scale and ticket holders will probably
come rather low on the list - well after any bank or building society
loans, venue providers, construction and engineering firms, mobile loo
providers (and I've just been discovering how much these cost!!) etc.

But at the very least I hope you kept a photocopy of your ticket!

jill

ObTimeOfTheYear:   Hawkwind announce a tour.   Railway workers announce
a nationwide strike.    Sigh.

Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk> or
J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk