OFF: Uncle Frond's on Mars

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Thu Oct 21 17:41:18 EDT 1999

For once, I'm glad I didn't get the new Brain Surgeons CD. Why? the BEvis
Frond were COLOSSAL at Iron Horse music Hall Tuesday. The set list, for
those of you who dig that stuff was like this:

Hole Song no. 2 -- Which tore the asphalt of Center Street with that riff.
By the way, Nick's vox on this tour/this show were DEAD ON. The drummer was
young.. not as good as Andy W. but he shows rock and roll soul potential.
Virus clipped along at a smoking pace, everything reallyclicked. And Nick
told interesting stores of intestinal woes and the EVILS of Margaret
Thatcher _in relatino to the nature of the verses of London Stone (which
was played))
"Maybe" was really cooooooool.
For me the highligh was "God Speed you to Earth" the fact Nick sung this
better at the show than on the LP made it rock harder. And the end where
they play the chorus in a rocknroll fashion featured a rippin' HEAVY bass
by mssr. Shaw. The band really took off jamminwise.
The cream of the crop after that would have to be Well Out of It, Temple
Falls, and the encore-- Begging Bowl which actualyl found Nick trashing away
What else? Lights are Changing was anice change of pace :)
He'd be a Diamond was better than at Syracuse.Stone Train Driver almost had
the right amount of bluesy swagger.
Ther were probably a feew more.... ah yes-- the 2nd track on Vavona Burr

All in all, a great selection of songs and the band were quite visibly
having fun on the stage.  They were just so tightly HEAVy in their rockin'
out mode that it made any possible appreciation of the possibly PoW quite
difficult.

Though, not that the ears stopped ringing, there's still no PoW in my
stereo. Sob....
(I hope I filled out that money order right...if I didn't "D'oh!!!!!" and a
few other expletives)

Helplessly hoping for Brain Surgeons, (never thought you'd see a Crosby
Stills and Nash lyric in the same line as tBS, didya? Shows you how
desparate (for music) I am!)
Jason

PS: urban guerilla and Death Trap and Uncle Sam's on Mars have taken
residency in my car. Yay tape!