OFF: wow.....

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Wed Oct 27 16:31:05 EDT 1999

Hmm...well, I joined this list as a gung-ho BOC fan, and subsequently
discrovered Hawkwind...but just as important to me--I also discovered,
subsequent to _that_, the wonderful world of Space
Rock/Krautrock/contemporary psyche/space/electronic music. The OFF stuff used
to be really big here, leaning towards the above genres more than the "BOC
genres"; almost a "space rock/music" list in itself...but that's really
chilled over the last couple years. So, we all like BOC-L for different
reasons, which change as we change, but it remains of some worth to those who
stay. I've actually considered dumping BOC-L often; my waning enthusiasm for
BOC wasn't too devastating, as there was still plenty of HW material, of
course. But then I took a hiatus from HW and the space thing for a while
(mainly because Zappa had conquered my stereo)...I think my enthusiasm for
space-psyche stuff/HW came back much due to my radio program.
Again, there isn't a hell of a lot of discussion about those bands besides
Hawkwind (as of course it should be, since it's not just Space-L) but just
enough to keep me around. I used to get into those discussions about subtle
differences between HW song versions (like what's going on now w/"Do
That/Seeing It), too, but that's kinda lost its appeal lately too. Guess I'm
just fickle.
Anyway, there are also the filters which, when used, can make it a BOC list
only for you, or HW only. I rarely read any BOC stuff now, but I could never
quite manage to filter anyone; just in case, ya know...

(This list, in its OFF mode, also has collectively great knowledge of many
kinds of music--and even other topics!)

Chuck