BOC: an observation and a shorter email

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Wed Oct 27 15:20:09 EDT 1999

>Good thing - the Brain Surgeons didn't exist then... ;-)
Amen to that!

>I know this was Albert's impression, but I disagree.  His playing
>appears to have expanded tremendously - most BOC fans will tell you that
>the guy just keeps improving with age, and that on some nights the
>result is almost beyond comprehension.
Fer me, I dig his sound on OYF best. I think technically he's very whizbang
but.... when I hear it now, it reminds me of a spider on coffe running up
and down a fret board.

>There has been a fair discussion on OTHER BOC online forums regarding
Wait a second,.. there are other BOC forums?? :)

>>         8. Live shows, though more prevalent than Hawkwind, are tarred and
>>         11. UNlike the hawkwind webpage, the BOCFanClub page is
painfully slow in
>> putting new poop up there to  appease appetites.
>
>Have you been there lately?  Miss Melne has done some incredible things
>over the past 4 or so months.
Yeah, I've frequented the page  at least bimonthly... still when you look
at the BOC news and see last new thing was in August, kinda sad.

>> 15. We all know these things as part of the FAQ we have on the BOC dialogue
>> in our minds. So no point in talking bout them.
>
>Er, sorry - my intent wasn't to squash discussion...
Oh i didnt mean the BOCFAQ at all in that statement, I meant that most of
us long time BOC fans on the list already know the  contours and inevitable
 ends for a lot of the discussion points i ranted about in that prior
posting. You fAQ is a service to the community and always  fun to reread
now and again.

>O.K., so how 'bout some more discussion on them?  How many folks here
>have Piece of Work?  Hell, how many folks here have ANY tBS albums?
>Let's talk...

Sending my money now for it (sob)... i hate the mail service.  However, I'm
pleased as punch to know listfellow Brian  and I be on the photo credits.
That gig (Rochester) was good one. THey performed a 7 minute+ version of
Name Your Monster with Albert doin a one cymbal solo in the middle of the
"dance floor" as the band wailed away.  Of all the tunes in their catalog,
NYM seems to be the most malleable one out there... its been acoustic,
electric, horn filled and stretched! Not to mention that night had an
acapella version of the Camp Bouchard song :)

Also, you realize that "pull the plug" features the one song that hasn;t
been reissued/rearranged out of the catalog: Frenchette. Yes, a bonafide
Kollectable! Good song too.

mad dude,
Jason

PS: the MP3 by Les Vegas (Les Braunstein) "Leve that willy alone" is funny
too. Half the CD he's doing is for sale at MP3.com.