Please stand by, we are experiencing synaptic difficulties

Terry Kennedy terry at TMK.COM
Wed Apr 5 07:15:09 EDT 2000

Hello -

  I'm the former sysadmin at St. Peter's College, where this (and other
lists) are hosted on listserv.spc.edu. Due to a lack of time, money, and
a suitable replacement for me, SPC has sort of let LISTSERV bumble along
on its own. It had been running on an OS release 5 releases old, with an
experimental LISTSERV release that's 4 years old, on woefully inadequate
hardware (a 486 with 32MB).

  Yesterday the system started spazzing out (Ben, your list moderator,
got 44MB of error messages 8-).

  As Monty Python would say, "the responsible people have been sacked"
and I've built a replacement box with the absolutely latest and greatest
OS and LISTSERV code and much faster hardware. This should let things get
back to normal as soon as it is installed (sometime Wednesday evening). I
am sending this message from the new box, but mail you send to the list
won't appear until I swap the box (unless you send to its top-secret tem-
porary address, and then Ben and I would have to kill you 8-). Any mail
you've already sent will also be distributed this evening.

  I'll send another message when I've swapped the box, and at that point
I'll be accepting trouble reports (if there are any) and cash offerings...

        Terry Kennedy             http://www.tmk.com
        terry at tmk.com             Jersey City, NJ USA
        +1 201 451 4554 (voice)   +1 201 451 0900 (FAX)