OFF: WEEDSPORT featuring BORN to GO

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Apr 6 20:04:21 EDT 2000

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:25:16 -0400, Brian Halligan
<blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM> wrote:
>Well, some people thought Zeppelin invented the blues. These people
>eventually found their way to Muddy Waters and Willie Dixon (and so on
>until they discovered that no one invented it ;-) So I guess the lesson is,
>if they think BORN to GO invented space rock, that's fine- as long as you
>remember to credit your sources. ;-)

... and today, there are thousands of kids who believe that Ska was
invented by the English in the 1970s (not to mention those who think it was
invented by Americans in the 90s!).  And either way, believe that it was
derived *from* Jamaican Reggae (these are the "smarter" ones).

I've probably used up my off-topic quota for the day, so I'll shut up and
start saving up for my rant about how the Beach Boys invented spacerock,

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com