BOC: Imaginos CD, and other CD queries

Tim Gadd lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM
Tue Apr 11 12:27:42 EDT 2000

At 02:26 PM 4/11/00 +0000, Paul Mather wrote:

>The CD sound quality of _Blue Oyster Cult_ and _Secret Treaties_ has
>long been a topic of complaint on here, i.e., the consensus is that they
>are not very good at all.
>
>Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs remastered and released a 2-for-1 of _Blue
>Oyster Cult_ and _Tyranny and Mutation_ on one CD not that long ago.
>However, since MFSL have gone bust, they may be hard to come by
>nowadays.  By all accounts, the sound quality is great.

I think n Australian CD store has a set of the first 3 CD's available, but
it's about $50 from memory. There's nothing wrong with my SecretTeaties,
sound wise. It's great! Sharper and clearer than the vinyl, with good
dynamic range. No complaints at all. Mind you I like that early, kinda
thinnish, abrasive production style, but this has transribed to CD without
losing anything IMO. I don't know what pressings the complaints are about,
but mine's a US pressing on Columbia; nothing exotic about it. It doesn't
suffer at all from the muddiness of the first album on CD.
--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania