Metallica SUCKS!

Darrin McKeehen dmckeehen at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 23 14:09:16 EDT 2000

Johnny,

Finally! I am glad that you spoke up. THANX! I feel the same way. What
happened to these jerks?

>From '82 - '88 they were one of my favorite bands.

Did they loose their focus after Cliff died? Or was it just easier to play
like Loverboy?

Hetfield actually tries to sing now. What's w/ that?

'Kill em All' set the pace for many Metal wannabe bands. The only other
American band in the early '80's that had that crunch was Anthrax, but they
could not touch Metallica.

The fact that these sellout millionaire hasbens went from eating "bread in
hand" sandwiches when they were fighting to make it, to actually accepting
donations from kids that probably don't even have the money is completely
unthinkable!

Lars used to be the president of the Motorhead fan club.
Now, I guess he's an "artist".

Right about the time that this Napster thing hit, I was having a craving to
thrash to Ride the Lightning. Not anymore.

Don't waste you breath flaming me on this one. I saw Metallica for the first
of 12 times in Feb 1984 w/ Armored Saint and WASP in Detroit at the Royal
Oak Music Theatre. I own every release up to and including 'And Justice...'
on vinyl and CD. All original releases and some worth some big bucks, now
from what I understand.

You never heard Metallica on commercial radio back then, until the "black"
album came out. That's when I stopped buying any of their stuff. Don't get
me wrong there are some good songs on that disc, but it ain't Metallica.

>From that point they turned into media darlings and everyone liked them.
They were on the cover of every tiny bopper magazine. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!

I did not give up there, but after many years I have decided this bad
Diamond Head cover band SUCKS!

Let's drop this Napster/ Metallica thread and move back to HAWKWIND!