OFF: upstate NY summer shows

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Apr 28 13:56:19 EDT 2000

On 27 Apr 00, at 22:49, Brian Halligan wrote:

> >> May 28 (this may have been a mistake- more probable on Aug. 28)
> >> Gov't Mule-- NYS Fairgrounds, Syracuse
> >>
> >More than likely right, but GM does real well in Syr. I'll be at this
> >one hell or high water!
>
> Thanks Paul for straightening the date out. I don't know if I'll be
> there or not Theo. I might catch them with the Steve Miller Band later
> on.

This gig is in May.  It's WAQX's annual 'Blues, Brews and
Barbecues' shindig.  Should be a helluva party.  Hopefully I can
make this one...

> >> July 3-5
> >> Musicstock 2000 (Sloterdijk)-- Cayuga County Fairgrounds, Weedsport
> >> Theo: did you get your free tickets for this?
> >
> >Still procrastinating, but I'm def. going. Looks to be a killer show!
>
> Is it getting promoted in Syracuse? I haven't seen or heard anything
> here, but I haven't been looking hard either.

Not really.  I heard about it from a copy of The Revolving Door
[www.therevolvingdoor.com], a Cortland fanzine of sorts, which also
carries info on Syr. gigs...

> >> August 2
> >> Allman Bros.-- P&C Stadium, Syracuse
> >
> >This is strange, as they're a fixture at the State Fair. But I'll be
> >at this one. You going?
>
> Well, I've never been to an Allmans show, believe it or not, so this
> looks like a great opportunity!

You won't be disappointed.  I hope young Derek Trucks is still along
on guitar.  He will blow yer mind!

theo