OFF: Trans-Lunar Express at SD'2K

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon Aug 7 09:00:15 EDT 2000

Hi Folks...

Finally got who exactly is Trans-Lunar Express, the unfamiliar name on the
SD'2K schedule.  I knew they were local and related to Speaker/Cranker (an
excellent krautrocky-improv band that I saw open for both Gong and Bevis
Frond), but didn't know exactly *how* related.  Well, here is the lineup we
should expect...looks excellent!  Four out of the six Speaker-crankers.  And
you'll note that Pufftube did a version of Quark, Strangeness, and Charm on
Doug's HW tribute album.  (Doug, do you know what all Pufftube has released
over the years?  I also have a single Pufftube track on a Cleveland
compilation titled '3,128 seconds over Cleveland' or something.)

Grakkl (FAA)

Trans-Lunar Express
Scott Pickering - Drums (plays in Speaker/Cranker and Pufftube)
Keith Pickering - Guitar (plays in Speaker/Cranker and Pufftube)
Lee Fioritto - Bass (regular bass player for Trans Lunar Express)
Melanie Fioritto - Guitar, Toys, Drums (Trans Lunar Express and Chump)
Jim Jones- Keyboards, Guitar (plays in Speaker/Cranker and occasionally in
Pere Ubu)
Dave Cintron - Keyboards, Tapes, Guitar (plays in Speaker/Cranker, also
revamping lineup for his project; Downside Special)
Neil Sherhag - Drums (also plays drums in Fuzzhead)

This is a freaky jam band that combines the spacey action of early Pink
Floyd w/ the drive of Can.  All improv and we are happy to be jamming at
this show.