BOC: HW: Moorcock BOC tracks

Michael R Godwin hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK
Fri Aug 11 12:03:45 EDT 2000

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, W. Jeffrey Rankin wrote:
> "Veteran of The Psychic Wars" is from Fire of Unknown Origin. There's a
> track on the Mirrors album called "The Great Sun Jester". And, then
> there's "Black Blade", from the Cultosaurus Erectus album.
>
> I believe that's all of them, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Agreed. Now can anyone remind me which Moorcock books the characters and
ideas in these songs are drawn from? 'The Great Sun Jester' is obviously
the Fireclown from 'Winds of Limbo'. I guess that 'Black Blade' is an
Elric reference. Not sure about VotPW. Some Jerry Cornelius thing
possibly?

- Mike Godwin