BOC: X-Brothers

Nick English nick at NETPHD.NET
Mon Aug 28 19:49:42 EDT 2000

I finally got my hands on a copy of X-Brothers --
 "Solid Citizens". . . and I really, really like it.
Maybe I'm just way off base here, but there's some
intangible, classic BOC-ish quality that I'm hearing in
these songs that really makes me think Joe was a much
bigger part of the overall Cult sound than I'd
realized.  I can't put my finger on it, and having no
musical skills of my own, I wouldn't know the
terminology anyway -- but the best way I can describe
it is that "Solid Citizens" in many ways felt more like
a BOC album than "Heaven Forbid" or any of the Brain
Surgeons stuff.

Yes, it's got its misses, but overall, the time I spent
searching for this thing was time well spent.

--Nick