HW: So Alan's back!

Dave Berry daveb at TARDIS.ED.AC.UK
Thu Aug 31 06:25:09 EDT 2000

At 18:16 30/08/00, Jon Jarrett wrote:
>And to be honest, if Alan's rejoining, the impact is all that Ron
>can contribute.

Well, that and his vocals -- he's a more versatile singer than anyone else
in the band.  Whether Bob was better is irrelevant -- although we miss him,
a dead man can't sing.

>        Still, if Alan is back in that's got to be a good thing.

What is the actual source of this rumour?  Not to pick on anybody, but this
is typical of BOC-L.  Someone who may or may not have some degree of inside
information posts a rumour without saying where the information comes from.
 The rest of us are left guessing whether this is a done deal, a
possibility that someone mentioned, someone expressing a wish, or pure
invention.  It's like Kremlin watching (or leaks from the New Labour cabinet).

That said, *if* Alan is back, it would be good news.

Dave.