Glasgow Gong Gig

david hall dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Dec 1 10:06:36 EST 2000

A good gig but I've seen them better. Daevid was on fine form - some pretty nifty guitar work there. Drums and bass were tight, really good. Theo Travis was excellent on the new material, Magdalene what can I say, but on the older material, whilst technically amazing, lacked Didier's feel. I was a bit disappointed in the new keyboard player, Gwyo, he seemed very low down in the mix - with a distinct lack of synth, more organ stabs. Gilli was on form but again her voice seemed to be mixed low - grinning ear to ear for the whole show too (ho,ho).

Dave