HW: Alan Davey solo

Carl Edlund Anderson carlaz at NTLWORLD.COM
Mon Dec 4 16:45:40 EST 2000

At 13.35 -0500 1.12.2000, Nick Medford wrote:
>After seeing Bedouin at Brixton I feel I should check out some of Alan's
>solo stuff. The albums that seem to be readily obtainable are Captured
>Rotation, Chaos Delight, and (confusingly enough) Bedouin. Reviews,
>comments, recommendations?

Captured Rotation is the best album Hawkwind didn't record in the 90s
(and better than some they did record ;)  I quite like it, though
it's not nearly as heavy as Bedouin live. The Bedouin album itself is
not bad, but it didn't grab me the way Captured Rotation did. Haven't
heard Chaos Delight yet.

Cheers,
Carl

--