HW: DEALING WITH DOUG AND THE DEVIL (ON)(WARRIOR RE DIMINISHED)

Mike Coleman deltawave at METRONET.COM
Mon Dec 11 18:41:36 EST 2000

 Dear Mr. Doug Pearson+ assosiates of spacecraft HAWKWIND elite.....

just now saw your post/ ball thrown to my court......usaual apologies to
you and my remaining friends as nobodys been scrapped...just me freshly
undead like so many times before........

The way my mind had cataloged and processed info taken in regarding the
finest psychedelic rock LP ever recorded in mankinds existence on this
earth so far....is that around the time of "WARRIOR"......The record
company (UA) was sued, and HAWKWIND were victorious, thus causing them to
be blacklisted in the industry.......if true...maybe this is part of why
they are so cool today and some of the LP's have been taken into deep space
by alien snipers (well..)

The truth really is however...that I am not capable of actually answering
your question proper.........

so I ramble on to say that as near as I can tell all the WARRIORS were
released on UNITED ARTISTS label with the exception of we USA folks, who
got ATCO....

So yeah!  what exactly IS the deal here????   ADRIAN PARR??????   STARRATS????

MAJOR FANS?????       Also I know that there is at least a record club
edition from USA on RCA, which I will pay someone big bucks for if you can
help replace my stolen copy?????????   you have to look at the label to
identify....it still says ATCO as well!!!

can anyone say if WARRIOR ever got put out ANYWHERE besides USA on a
differing label??????

furthermore I BEG YOU HARDCORE FANS WITH KNOWLEDE to tell me any details
about existing PRESS KITS on this LP (Not CD PRESS KITS)..from ENGLAND and
elsewhere....I am highly interested in this!!!!!!!......

EVEN MORE interesting IS....WHAT IS THE BRITISH WARRIOR OFFICIAL POSTER
FROM U.A. record company, and will anyone sell me one or trade it for
something???

does it have the 2 Warriors on it as I suspect???????????????????

And can't help to stick my neck way out and say that......since Dave Brock
has been coronated (he has, you know)....it is my contention that he can
put anything out on CD that he wants to when the mood so strikes him!!!!????

I have not much doubt that if you contact him at the height of the full
moon, and ask him in your best humble approach to release what you want
(I.E. HAWKLORDS, PXR5, ASTOUNDING, etc...)   your wish may come with very
swift wing.........

And lastly.....it is my guess that the WARRIOR wasn't put out with the EMI
releases on CD again, not only because of the label mystery weirdnesses,
and the UK tape erosions/thefts/losses/oversights, that maybe Dave held
back on that so as to let the magic of Rob Godwins special packaging shine
a little longer.....

I guess I would like A DIGIPAK version pretty soon....a mini LP CD cover
wouldn't be bad would it......it still won't peel me off my vinyl
though....but I'll buy multiples.........(with OPC, of course)(poor, poor
mom)

So Doug..(Pearson)...I am TRULY, VERY VERY VERY anxious to get the first
copy of the career your going to start...........PURE ENERGY
......UNCLOUDED!!!!!!

Please hurry the first release!!!!!!!!     MC