HW: yet even more room stuff

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Tue Dec 19 20:36:08 EST 2000

Arin - you are a genius!

----- Original Message -----
From: Arin Komins <akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 11:26 PM
Subject: HW: yet even more room stuff

> I just sent off to Phil with the names, dates, and requirements of
> everyone who has spoken up so far, including the band.
> I still need dates from Michael Blackman, Filip Vanhuyse, and
Richard
> Cutting.
> I've asked to arrange meeting room details when I get onsite on
the 27th.
> If we are looking for a place to party postgig postgigparty, then
I figure
> we'll be needing the room around midnight-4am or so?

This seems about right.    On the assumption that the hotel has
conference facilities can we ask them to supply us with audio-visual
equipment - maybe a video player (and a CD player perhaps)  and a TV
screen?    Then if people could bring along some of their favourite
Hawkwind videos and a few CDs I reckon those of us who don't get a
invite to the private party at the club (and there may be a few of
us!) could pass the time quite happily after the Astoria gig.    And
if Hawkwind are staying at the same hotel I guess we could perhaps
have some visitors in the early hours!    As long as the hotel is
happy with the fact that there could be a fair amount of music and
general noise in the "after midnight" hours.

> For refreshments, if we do get the room, and I don't manage to
figure out
> a hotel bar setup (and if the hotel will let us do our own
refreshments)
> then I may need help doing all of that (since I'm carless, and
clueless on
> where to go to acquire stuff ;-) ).  Would anyone be able to kick
in for
> an assist?

Yes, gladly.      Only proviso being that I won't get into London
until around 5pm (flying in from Guernsey) on the 29th so I'll have
to arrange to meet up with you somewhere.

 > Once I've heard back on actual booking details, like who everyone
needs to
> contact to give in credit card details, I'll let the list know.

I'm leaving this present address on Friday 22nd but hopefully (if I
speak to my brother very nicely...) should have internet access over
Christmas.    If so I'll try to subscribe from his address (I assume
it's still <listserv at listserv.spc.edu>   SUBSCRIBE BOC-L     If not
someone please tell me!!) to pick up any info.

> (whew.)

Well done!  And thanks!
jill