Look at E-Bay :-(((

peter wibrew pwibrew13 at CABLEINET.CO.UK
Wed Dec 27 05:31:12 EST 2000

Here, here, to all that Bryan, sorry to everyone about the 'high horse'
yesterday but I really do believe people should not make any cash WHATSOEVER
from CDR bootlegs, regardless of whether or not they recorded it, even for
burning it, If I burn a 70 min CD at 2x, I don't sit at my computer for 35
mins, I have a life, and go and do something while my CD's are burning, do
you want to pay me for doing my washing up?. Thought not......DO NOT PAY FOR
CDR BOOTLEGS there are plenty of decent people out there willing to share
their music, just ask, what can they say?.no?.. I found most people to be
very decent, which is probably why I feel the way I do.
I do think a tree stucture would be a good Idea dosn't even have to be
limited to hawkshows, the current tree on erpnotes is carrying Ozric and
Shakti shows.
before I go , I did mail e-bay yesterday and got a standard reply ( pasted
below ).
Enjoy the rest of your hols. looking forward to Friday

Peter

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your email!

We have reviewed the auction you have brought to our attention and taken
appropriate action.  We would also like to explain eBay's policy with
respect to reports like yours.  eBay is not in a position to make
judgments about the authenticity or authorized nature of auction items,
except in the most extreme circumstances.  This may mean that we cannot
remove the item about which you contacted us.  In some cases, we refer
the information to the owner of the rights (copyright, trademark, etc.)
involved, if we know who they are and how to contact them.

Although you may be extremely knowledgeable about these types of items,
we often cannot remove items upon the representations of third parties
whose credentials we cannot verify, unless of course the alleged
infringement is obvious on its face.  That is why we strongly urge you
to notify the rights holder of the suspected infringement and encourage
them to join our Verified Rights Owners (VeRO) Program (formerly called
Legal Buddy Program).  This program enables them to request the ending
of allegedly infringing auctions.

We appreciate your vigilance in helping us to keep inappropriate
auctions off eBay.  If you have any further questions, please feel free
to write.

Regards,

Marvin
eBay Community Watch Team