BOC: Compilation Madness

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Wed Feb 2 09:11:51 EST 2000

> At least Joan Crawford's on there this time. Can anyone explain to me
> why that was left off "Workshop"? That has always confused me.

Don't know for sure, but to do this project justice, I've always
maintained that it needed to be a 3 CD set.  Too much was left out of
Workshop.

> > > 8. Goin' Through The Motions [if this was really chosen by
> > > fans...(shudder)]
>
> It was chosen by fans, just not BOC fans!

Well, the original groundrules for the fans were to identify the tracks
that Joe Q. Public would consider BOC's greatest hits (why they didn't
just ask Joe Q. Public then is beyond me) - still, I don't recall this
one scoring that high.

> It's biggest crime, in my mind, was that they took 'The Marshall
> Plan' and nothing else from Cultosaurus....  that album deserved
> at least two cuts, and Marshall Plan wouldn't have been one of
> the two if I were making the call... (I'd go with any of Black
> Blade, Lips in the Hills, or Unknown Tongue)...

There were a few crimes on Workshop - IMHO, the biggest crime was the
absence of "Hot Rails to Hell", followed by no Imaginos tunes
(especially in light of what the liner notes said about it).

> At any rate, glad to see some BOC discussion again.

Yeah, it feels good to vent once in awhile...  ;-)

John