Roadhawkfans (was hawkwind in new zealand)

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Thu Feb 17 14:04:37 EST 2000

Turning this driving thing into something else...

I take a lot of road trips.  During which when I drive
I often subject my passengers to Hawkwind, BOC, Darxtar,
Brain Surgeons, etc.  While on long road trips, there are
something that work better for me, others that don't.  For
example, I very much like Pink Floyd, but a lot of it is
NOT the best stuff when tired and trying to stay focused
to the road.

Anyways, FWIW, my favorite stuff for long road trips:

"High Rise", of Hawklords Live.
"Night of the Hawks", various versions (used Golden void '69-'79)
"In the Presence" - Albert Bouchard, of Imaginos
"Spirit of the Age" - Hw, various versions, probably live '79
"Carpet Crawlers" - John Ford off Genesis Tribute album, "The Fox Lies Down"
"Master/Born to Go" - HW, off "Greasy Truckers Party"
"Death valley nights" - off Brain Surgeon's Malpractice
"(Then Came) the last days of May" - off BOC
"Moonglum" - HW, off Live Chronicles
"Echoes" - had to get one Floyd track on here.

This is at the moment.  Anyways, its a great excuse to get people
to listen to stuff.  Our road trip rules are driver listens to
what he wants.  Of course, that backfired one year when one guy
put on cheesy spy novels read by some two-bit actor.

"I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random