HW: Hawkwind in New Zealand

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Thu Feb 17 16:01:34 EST 2000

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 03:33:26PM -0500, Paul Mather wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Ted Jackson jr. wrote:
>
> => On 17 Feb 00, at 13:43, Stephan Spiegel wrote:
> =>
> => > [ Eric Siegerman wrote:]
> => > > An interesting quirk of American politics is how small a
> => > > difference there is between the political poles.  One of the
> => > > American Constitution's first two amendments is sacrosanct, but the
> => > > other is an obsolete relic of a bygone age.  The only squabble
> => > > between far Right and far Left is: which amendment is which?
> => >
> => > What the heck are you talking about?

My post was meant to be a followup to this:
        That's the thing about freedom.  One group thinks they should be free to
        DO it.   Another thinks they should be free OF it.
which I'd meant to quote in the process.  I screwed up; sorry.

> Far be it for me to interpret someone else's posting (after the bee
> debacle), but to this addled noggin it seemed like he was saying that
> the far Right and far Left couldn't decide which of the first two
> amendments was sacrosant, and which one was an obsolete relic of a
> bygone age.  (E.g., far Right: keep guns and regulate speech; far Left:
> protect speech and ban guns.)

Precisely.  As it happens I'm with the Left on both of those
particular issues, but I find the irony highly amusing even so.

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
to me, Charlie Brown represented the courage to be sincere in the face of
ridicule. he was NOT a loser.
thank you, Mr. Schulz.
        - Robert C. Mayo