Hawkwindia

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Thu Feb 17 16:27:47 EST 2000

>The moral of the story is, don't screw with the constitution
>or the bill of rights.  America isn't perfect, never will be,
>but I still rather live here than anywhere in the world.  Well,
>maybe I might consider Denmark, or Norway or Holland.
>They gotta lot of good looking blondes there, and I'm a
>sucker for a blonde.

Actually, if we can just find the country with the world's
lowest popoulation, move all hawkfans there, we could make
"Master of the Universe" the national anthem, and pass laws
requiring the booking of hawkwind concerts, putting lemmy
on currency ("eh, lemmy a lemmy wouldya?"), and banning
Doug Smith from the borders of the nation.  We could rename
it "Hawkwindia".  Street names would be stuff like "chronoglide
skyway", "motorway ave", and "Calvert Road".  Our nation
would be protected by the latest in sonic weaponry.

Lessee, no atlas handy, but should be pretty easy to figure
out.

Candidates:

1. Vatican City.
        pro - really low population.  Good location.
        con - have to do someting about the church.  Church of Hawkwind!

2.  Greenland
        pro - low population, but lots of land
                no fear of vinyl records melting in the sun
                potential 3-month long sun festival.
        con - too cold.
              95% of land under icecap

3.  Tuvalu
        pro - tiny pacific atoll with beaches
        con - do they have power?

4.  Kiribati (nation made up of Gilbert, Phoenix and Line islands)
        pro - even more islands
        con - way spread out.  canoeing outriggers back from a show
                would suck.

5.  Channel Islands
        pro - great location
        con - requires somehow seceding from UK.  However, given that
                all hawkfans would be leaving, the remaining (anti-hawk)
                factions (elton john, e.g.) would probably think that be
                sufficient incentive to allow this.

6.  Antarctica
        pro - low population.  see greenland
        con - requires violating antarctic treaty.

7.  St. Pierre & Miquelon (2 french isles off the coast of newfoundland)
        pro - what the hell is france doing with two islands off the
                coast of newfoundland, anyway?
        con - Might have to deal with angry Quebeçois.  still pretty cold.

"I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random