HW: Hawkwind in New Zealand

Sprawl sprawl at STARPOWER.NET
Fri Feb 18 14:27:02 EST 2000

>Keith H. (FAA)
>who still can't understand why the US didn't bomb North Carolina, since
>those folks have been continually harboring a known terrorist in their
midst
>(whom the FBI still hasn't caught apparently), just like Afghanistan (or
>whoever it was we bombed for similar reasons).

If you smoke, regardless of your age, you chose it.  Anyone who is stupid
enough to
require a Surgeon-General's warning to know that inhaling smoke as a habit
is harmful
is likely too stupid to figure out how to light one anyway.

I am a heavy (heavier than anyone I know) smoker.  I know it is likely to
kill me.  I knew
before I ever lit my first.  I didn't care then, and I don't care now.

Second-hand smoke!  US studies say that non-smokers who hang around smokers,
getting
second hand smoke, are as likely to get cancer as the smoker, and some say
MORE likely.

So why are smokers not dying at 3-4 times the rate they are, since they get
second hand
smoke from EVERY cigarette they smoke, plus the smoke they inhale directly
(which while
filtered, is still several times as dense as second-hand smoke- even after
exhalation-) PLUS
the second hand smoke from the bevy of smokers many of these people tend to
run with?

The war on tobacco is like the war on drugs.  A tactic to serve the few,
while drawing
attention away from the real issues facing the world.

Why haven't they banned sugar, cholesterol, fat, etc?

RJ