HW: Reefer Madness (was Re: OFF: smoking etc.)

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Feb 21 12:05:10 EST 2000

Trying to steer this marginally on-topic, recently I had the enormous
pleasure of watching the film _Reefer Madness_ (thanks to the Virginia
Tech library), and I heartily recommend it to all!  I especially liked
the part where the floozie dives to her death out of the upper floor
window because she can bear no longer the thought of the moral
degeneration she has wrought with the evil weed!

100% realism guaranteed throughout!!

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: Gov't Mule, _Life Before Insanity_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"It's evil, wicked, mean and nasty!"
        --- Steppenwolf, "Don't Step on the Grass, Sam"

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, M Holmes wrote:

=> Nick English writes:
=>
=> > As the father of a 4-year-old, I generally tend to look at things
=> > from the perspective of what I want my son getting involved with and
=> > what I don't. In that sense, tobacco, alcohol and the "illegals" are
=> > all taboo.
=>
=> Indeed, and the Prohibitionists often tell us that their excesses are
=> excused by the need to Prooootect the Chilruuun, missing the point that
=> in Prohibition these substances are functionally uncontrolled and their
=> distribution handed to criminals rather than controlled and their
=> distribution handled by retailers who have a profitable licence to lose
=> if they sell to children.
=>
=> But then logic never seems to have been a strong suit.
=>
=> FoFP