HW/OFF: Aural Innovations #9

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Tue Jan 25 00:00:07 EST 2000

In a message dated 1/24/00 8:45:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,
henderson.120 at OSU.EDU writes:

>  >np - Live at Palace Springs
>
>  That one isn't exactly Live *at* Palace Springs, as I assume PS is 'made
>  up.'  A bastardization of Alice Springs, Australia I presume.  I don't know
>  why though, seeing it's from the American tour.  Anyone know what this is
>  supposed to mean?

I figured the "Palace" came from the fact that one of the gigs was at the
Palace in Hollywood...as for the "Springs"...dunno...
Speaking of which:

>  As far as Oz goes, I'm very glad to see that the band are at least going to
>  do three shows over there, though it would certainly have been nice to
cover
>  more of the country.  Two shows in Sydney and the other (Byron Bay?) is
>  apparently near Brisbane, is that right Paul?  Well, let's hope that lots
of
>  folks actually hear about the gigs and can make the travel arrangements in
>  time.  Who's all going?  And what's this Happy Valley festival like?  I
>  searched online for it, and only found a passing mention in one site.

Hey, you Aussies get HW all the time! When was the last time they actually
played a gig in Los Angeles? I'm _praying_ that that "stop by the West Coast"
indeed happens after the NZ/OZ tour...

Still yet to see a HW concert, Chuck