HW/OFF: Aural Innovations #9

Sonique sonique at SONIQUE.NET
Wed Jan 26 06:15:47 EST 2000

On 24 Jan 00, at 11:44, K Henderson wrote:

> As far as Oz goes, I'm very glad to see that the band are at least going to do
> three shows over there, though it would certainly have been nice to cover more
> of the country.  Two shows in Sydney and the other (Byron Bay?) is apparently
> near Brisbane, is that right Paul?

Byron Bay (the venue is the "Great Northern" AFAIK) is on the North coast of
New South Wales (the state in which Sydney is the capital), but it's closer
to Brisbane the Sydney. It's also the home of Daevid Allen and Gilli Smith of
Gong fame .... I wonder if they'll make an appearance???

> Well, let's hope that lots of folks
> actually hear about the gigs and can make the travel arrangements in time.
> Who's all going?

I'm thinking of either driving the 10 hours to Sydney for the Metro gig if I
can get a few days off

> And what's this Happy Valley festival like?  I searched
> online for it, and only found a passing mention in one site.

No idea .. it's the first I'd heard of it. It's Festival season now in Oz, so
it could be anything

Then, On 25 Jan 00, at 0:00, Chuck Rosenberg wrote:

> Hey, you Aussies get HW all the time!

How does "never" translate to "all the time" ????

> Still yet to see a HW concert, Chuck

Ditto.

Paul/Sonique
The email address   ---> sonique at sonique.net