HW: value of some items

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Jun 8 07:10:11 EDT 2000

Todd Hong writes:

> Indeed, I was enlightened, because I remembered ye olde home cheapo
> turntables that had an extra long spindle upon which discs could be
> stacked.  Each time the tonearm reached the end of a disc and
> auto-returned, it would let the next one drop and start over to play
> it.  (Yes, I know, fully automatic turntables, very non-hi-fi!)  Anyway,
> in such a turntable, a 2LP set pressed in such a fashion enables you to
> stack the two LPs so that it will play sides 1 & 2 in order, then you
> can flip the whole stack over to play sides 3 & 4 in order.

I first heard Space Ritual on a borrowed tape from a friend and the side
orders had been changed so that it would fit on a C90 - the longest
available audio cassette at the time. Since I just copied that tape and
listened to it for years, the album sounded in the wrong order when I
bought it - even despite the clear links at the end of some sides.

FoFP