more reccomendation request

Chris Warburton desdinova at BREATHEMAIL.NET
Sat Jun 24 20:43:38 EDT 2000

At 21:10 23/06/00, you wrote:
> > >Over the last few years I've taken a strong liking to songs that
> > >have a strong Middle Eastern vibe to them.
> > >So, anything along those lines that you can suggest would be
> > >appreciated. I've been curious about Muslimgauze but with so
> > >many discs in the bin I'm hesitant about a random grab.
>Not forgetting one of the finest ever albums to mix Moroccan and Western in
>the form of the amazing 'Sahara Electric' by Dissidenten.
>Andy Garibaldi.

And I forgot to mention "Celtarabia" - they're a strange mix of Celtic
folk, arabian & dance/trance, mostly acoustic.

I have a couple of Muslimgauze tracks on a sampler - they are pretty
impressive, but I don't know how representative they are...

ChrisW
Off to beddy-byes....