OFF: traveling to Austin for SxSW?

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Mar 2 13:38:55 EST 2000

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000 11:18:18 -0500, Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU>
wrote:
>Also, from the SXSW schedule:
>
>        Atomic Cafe
>        705 Red River  (18 & up)
>
>        ST 37 (Austin, TX)  8:00 p.m.
>        Rubric Records Presents:
>
>        The Lucky Bishops (Dorset, UK)  9:00 p.m.
>
>        The Green Pajamas (Seattle, WA)  10:00 p.m.
>
>        Alchemysts (with Simeon) (Somerset, UK)  11:00 p.m.
>
>        Bevis Frond (London, UK)  12:00 a.m.
>
>        High Rise (Tokyo, JAPAN)  1:00 a.m.
>

>Space/psyche rock fans take note!!  ST37 *AND* High Rise on the bill
>with the Bevis Frond!!

I haven't heard the Lucky Bishops, but Green Pajamas are also really great
- more psych-POP than any of the other bands on the bill.  Very English
Freakbeat influenced (Sgt. Peppers, Tomorrow, S.F. Sorrow, etc.).  This
should be an absolutely *killer* show.  I feel sorry for my former bandmate
Eric Arn, whose new Primordial Undermind lineup is playing in a different
club the same night.

>Also, I believe Simeon is *the* Simeon of
>legendary Silver Apples fame (although wasn't he badly injured
>recently?).

Yes, it is, and yes, he was, but by all reports his recovery has been
nothing short of miraculous.  I'm pretty certain that Silver Apples have
been playing out again recently.

If anyone makes it to that show, PLEASE post a review here!

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com