Fwd: lemmy in priest movie

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Mar 22 12:08:48 EST 2000

Bob forwarded...

>Lemmy to star in Judas Priest movie [Mar 17 2000 11:26AM] Motorhead's Lemmy
is to >star in a movie about the infamous Judas Priest court case

As himself?

>alleging that a subliminal message on the song Better By You, Better By Me
from >the Stained Class album prompted the teenager to make a suicide pact
with pal >James Vance.

Really?  I heard a lot about this case, but didn't know the particular song
in question was not even theirs!  I guess the idiots shoulda sued Mike
Harrison and Gary Wright instead.  :)  (It's Better *than* Me, BTW.)

Well, somebody shoulda sued Gary Wright for that Dream Weaver song anyway.  :)

>Vance claimed they'd been told to kill themselves in a hidden incantation on
>Stained Class which could be heard when he record was played backwards - a
tragic >effect of one of rock's most popular apocryphal stories.

My God...the fact that this case even went to trial is a real sad indication
of the state of our judicial system.

Keith H. (FAA)