was: ripping off, now AD2

Tim Gadd lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM
Thu Mar 23 13:59:28 EST 2000

At 01:14 PM 3/23/00 -0500, K Henderson wrote:
>Tim blisses himself with...
>
>>Speaking of Dave Anderson, I picked up Amon Duul II's 'Yeti' on CD yesterday
>>- bliss!
>>Great album, great bass playing, and transcribed to CD much better than
>>Dance of the Lemmings.
>
>Which versions do you have?  They have licenced their albums to about six
>different labels all over the world, so it's hard to know what's best to get.
>France-Mantra

That one. It's very flat, dynamically. Yeti is on Repertoire, and it sounds
great!

>Do you have Wolf City?  That's my favourite!

Only on LP. Yes, it's close to my fave, too. Well those three really. Also
have a soft spot for vive le trance. Always thought it sounded like Nik
playing sax on the last track.

>And if you ever decide to get Made in Germany, make sure you get the
>Repertoire one, the version that is the 2LP rock opera restored...not the
>stupid single LP version that prevailed for years.

I only have the single album lp, and the last track is the only one I like.
I think they'd pretty much lost most of what attracted to me by then. Don't
know if they regained it later. I gave up after a couple of really bland
albums in the mid to late 70's.
--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania