HW: OFF: Einstein's Secret Orchestra

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Mar 28 14:37:01 EST 2000

Hi Folks...

Well, I saw this band listed in Jim L.'s post about potential SD'2K
performers, and had to find out something about them.  Coincidentally, there
was a thread going on about them over on the 'triprock' onelist.com list, so
I knew where to go.

It turns out that they commonly perform at 'devivals' for the Church of the
Sub-Genius, which from what I gather (from just 15 minutes of surfing) is
best described as "Weird Al Yankovic meets Scientology" with a guy named Bob
Dobbs playing the role of L. Ron.  And having just read Bare-faced Messiah
in its entirely during the last month, I found it to be a total gas.

www.subgenius.com

Well, anyway, I'm going to have to check out ESO's music at least.  Kind of
expensive ($20 for a CD) but then they've got to pay for all those little
girl messenger outfits.  :)  Of course, while that's a joke, I still get
this funny feeling that after sending these folks money just once, that I'll
be 'in for life,' never to escape.  :)  (Is it still a scam if their entire
premise is built upon telling you that up front?)

Time for my excremediation...
Keith H. (FAA)