HW: lyrics/tabs

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Fri May 26 06:42:06 EDT 2000

In a message dated 5/26/00 5:36:39 AM, Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM writes:

<<

Has any body noticed that Silver Machine was originally recorded in G  ( ie.

G, A, C, D) but after live '79 (I think) it was transposed to A, ( A, B, D,

E).  Probably when Dave started singing it, in a preferred pitch. It is

certainly in A, on the Reading '86 CD. I prefer the original pitch, as it

gives more options when playing bass on it

 =====
well, um, i always thot it was in A, meself....
i mean, the 'chorus' doesnt go up another notch,
[it's E-D, E-D etc]
=== isnt this why lemmy strains to hit those top notes?

shoot, did HW ever 'transpose' anything?
well, 'D-rider' mutated _a lot_, live, along the way,
but....

"<>"
====
<Sitting on two chairs in the company of knowledgable reasonable persons is
more or less possible, - doing same in the company of ravers results in a
fall, and taking of sides...>>
KISAKO 2K