HW: lyrics/tabs

Thomas Guy Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Fri May 26 10:11:07 EDT 2000

Yeah, but the chorus on the original is  D, C   D,  C  etc etc!
Get your axe out, and strum along to the original, then try it with  the
Reading version!

Guy

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   DASLUD at AOL.COM [mailto:DASLUD at AOL.COM]
                Sent:   26 May 2000 11:42
                To:     BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
                Subject:        Re: HW: lyrics/tabs

                In a message dated 5/26/00 5:36:39 AM,
Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM writes:

                <<

                Has any body noticed that Silver Machine was originally
recorded in G  ( ie.

                G, A, C, D) but after live '79 (I think) it was transposed
to A, ( A, B, D,

                E).  Probably when Dave started singing it, in a preferred
pitch. It is

                certainly in A, on the Reading '86 CD. I prefer the original
pitch, as it

                gives more options when playing bass on it

                 =====
                well, um, i always thot it was in A, meself....
                i mean, the 'chorus' doesnt go up another notch,
                [it's E-D, E-D etc]
                === isnt this why lemmy strains to hit those top notes?

                shoot, did HW ever 'transpose' anything?
                well, 'D-rider' mutated _a lot_, live, along the way,
                but....

                "<>"
                ====
                <Sitting on two chairs in the company of knowledgable
reasonable persons is
                more or less possible, - doing same in the company of ravers
results in a
                fall, and taking of sides...>>
                KISAKO 2K